Thursday, May 10, 2018

Taylored Expressions: Eventful Birthday

Taylored Expressions teamed up with PageMaps for the May 2018 Quarterly CardMaps edition. Their sketches are a wonderful source of inspiration!  Even after all these years of making cards, I still get a little stuck when I have a completely blank slate in front of me - when I have to pick the theme and stamps and colors and layout.  Having one of those items taken care of always helps me begin.  The CardMaps at PageMaps are fabulous inspiration.  Here's my card:

Taylored Expressions Eventful Birthday Party

And here's the sketch:


I first zoomed in on the bottom border.  Taylored Expressions has wonderful, detailed borders - so I knew that could be a focal point.  After picking the birthday presents, I added a frame and the sentiment in the center just like the sketch (although I didn't replicate their speech bubble and the cute way the sketch had the bubble coming from a character in the background!)

Taylored Expressions Eventful - Birthday Party

It's a simple card but so easy to do with the border adding all of the detail.  FYI, the border die set comes with a solid piece with which to back the presents.  I cut it in all three colors, then just trimmed the presents that I needed.

I plopped a little enamel heart on it to fill in some space and embossed the background - easy!!  BTW, the colors of the presents are the newly released colors just last month - Guava, Confetti Cake and Lime Zest.  As soon as I opened the creative team package, I knew they were meant to be together!

SUPPLY LIST


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Now to check out your inspiration source......new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the row of presents die. Great colours used too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!