Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Thank Goodness

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


I'm finally in my new craft room!!  I'm not quite going to say I'm full moved into the house - for those of you that have moved regularly, I have a great respect for you.  Here's my first card.  Funny story.  I didn't formally pack my drawers of stamps.  I only moved 5 miles and I had the luxury of buying the new house before selling the old house.  I have Elfa drawers that hold my stamps so instead of entrusting them to the moving company, I figured I'd lay the drawers out in the back of all of our cars and drive them over safe and sound.  Not so much.  Two drawers fell or were dropped (I wasn't actually a witness to the calamity).  Stamps scattered and cases shattered across the driveway.  My husband had the audacity to say that since one of the drawers contained Christmas stamps, I had months to put it all back together!!  The other drawer was full of not-yet-used-stamps.  Just look at this set that has been in there for who knows how long - it was literally dusty.  It seemed fitting to pull a set out of the piles in the driveway to make my first card.

FMS Thank Goodness 2

With this little rag doll, the quilted background was a clear choice.  And now that I have lots of space to display all of my cardstock, I was able to glance through it and find a color that I particularly liked. I also love that I have a longer space to take photos so I can some wonderful dimension and a fuzzy background in my picture, and it's natural light!  I've never had that before!!!  (Although we'll have to talk again come winter when I leave for work before daylight and get home after dark.)

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Clear and Simple Stamps Rag Doll Willa
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs Quilted Stitched Pattern Die, Taylored Expessions Stitched Rectangle
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo

11 comments:

  1. kudos to you...the thought of moving makes me cringe. Sorry to hear that there was a situation with your stamps moving...luckily you weren't there to witness it. I don't think I could bear to see something like that happen.

    Your card is adorable. Love all the panels, the colors are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your husband's comment is too funny! The bright side of the unfortunate event is that you inked up this little doll. Super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card Kim! I love that background and the little rag doll! Love your colouring (as always!)! I wish there had been a video of the chaos with the stamps! I can't even imagine the look on people's faces when the stamps hit the ground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just KNEW this move would result in awesome inspiration for you. Ok, maybe not picking your stamp set from the chaos of a spill but still... Love your new photography angle and I can't wait to see pictures of when you have it all organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh-moving a craft room would be a nightmare! Adorable card though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh moving stories! It is never easy! Glad your stamps made it! This card is adorable....so glad you have a new craft room ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! That your husband thinks you won't need those Christmas stamps for months is hilarious! I'm glad that out of the chaos of your stamping move you were able to create a fabulous card, use a stamp set that has been neglected for ages, and discovered the joy of taking pictures with natural light! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While the thought of stamps scattering across the ground is a stressful one, that you re-discovered this adorable image goes a wee way towards making it not so bad. This is one gorgeous card! And your photo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an image filled with horror -- dropped stamp drawers and stamps all over the driveway! But now that they have a new home and have seen some ink, all is well in the stamping world again. This is a sweet card, and I love the quilted background with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love this rag doll stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how sweet! The image you've used is adorable and perfectly coloured!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!