Thursday, January 17, 2013

Feel Better with a Comfie Quilt

It's time for another great sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch!


When you are on a design team, you get all of the sketches well in advance.  I had this card done ages ago because I immediately knew that I wanted to pull out a set that I hadn't used in a long time - I wanted to do a cheerful quilt.  (I love it when a card comes together like this, typically I struggle for longer than I care to admit!)

Feel Better Soon 2

I think this would make someone feel better!

I love looking at your submissions to these challenges - it's the highlight of my morning over my first cup of coffee to page through what everybody else has done.  I learn so much from each of you!!  So...play along....link it up at CAS(E) This Sketch!....I'm looking forward to seeing what you do!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Quilter's Sampler, Healing Touch Sentiments
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: doodlebug baby girl boutique buttons, misc twine, Sizzix embossing folder

17 comments:

  1. I am in love with this Kim! Your 1/2 dry embossed 1/2 white background is just brilliant! And yes those sweet little quilt images would make anyone feel much better.

    Thanks for the well wished to my hubby. As for your son...kids bounce back very quickly. Mine was eating oreos that very afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embossing is amazing! I love the colors too! Just a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embossing is amazing! I love the colors too! Just a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tiny quilt squares are just perfect, Kim! The embossing on the side imitates quilting too. You have the best stamping stuff! And, yes, these bright colors are so cheerful. They cheered me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh so beautiful ... who wouldn't be happy with such a yummy coloured quilt on a pillow of soft embossing! Love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cute and happy. It would totally make anyone feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a heat wave today here in AUS .... So not feeling like snuggling under a quilt ... But if I had to ... This would definitely be the one. Such sweet colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty colors! And embossing on just half of the card is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright colours, the embossed background and the fabulous little quilt stamsp - just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the ultimate cheerup card, Kims! Those colors would make anyone feel happy and I love how you embossed just half the cardstock.

    (Hope the college studies are going well. xxoo)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Kim! So sweet with those bright cheerful colours and the embossing is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Almost feel like getting sick just to get a beautiful card like this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, I love your quilt, so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I ADORE this card! It makes me so happy just to look at it. You have the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim! Long time. I am so in love with this card. I am going to have to COPY it because it is so fabulous. Thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog. It was so nice to hear from you after my long absence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Kim - this is a stunner! The images work so well with the embossing folder too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!