Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Single Bird...In Sympathy

I make so many sympathy cards - but usually they are for our church card ministry and I don't know who will be receiving them.  It's easier that way.  Yesterday I had to make a card for a wonderful woman whose husband passed away unexpectedly in his sleep last week...at the age of 40.  How do you make a card for that?  I wanted a very peaceful card - with a single bird...but was completely stuck after that.  I turned to the Less Is More challenge for help and it was the perfect inspiration...


Praying for You

The memorial service was yesterday...such raw emotion...Heidi, you are in our prayers...

  • Stamps: Our Craft Lounge Prayers and Blessings
  • Paper: A slightly textured cardstock from my stash on the background and the bird
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Memory Box Nestled Bird, Stampin' Up bird punch (branch)

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card. Its just a shame its needed for such a tragic loss. My thoughts are with Heidi.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for this very sad occasion. What awful things happen eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, but what a sad event. I love that bird die...they have the BEST dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how tragic Kim, I will keep her in my prayers. Your card is just lovely, very peaceful. LOVE the little bird perched on the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Kim; a life taken far too early, what a sad loss. Caggy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difficult card to make Kim. This is beautiful and I'm sure would have brought solace to the family. How tragic to have passed at such a young age!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry the card is for such tragic circumstances. You've risen to the challenge wonderfully and produced a tasteful sympathetic card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful card Kim, I love the tone on tone palette.
    So sorry it's for such a sad occasion... I truly hope it bought some comfort to the recipient.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Kim. So sorry to hear of such a loss! It's never easy even with an older one and always that much more difficult to understand with the young! I hope she finds true peace and comfort in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Kim. It is so perfect for a sympathy card for such a sudden, tragic loss when there is nothing you can really say but to offer prayers. I am so sorry for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pure CAS. I love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful sympathy card - how sad for your friend and am sure this gorgeous card will bring her comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a shocking thing to happen. I'm so sorry. Your card is exquisite and so poignant and so perfect. In fact, all your cards are right up my alley! I'm so delighted to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sad, Kim! Such a perfect card for the occasion. I feel for you all! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!