Friday, May 4, 2012

Football & Cocoa for the Birthday Boy

Today's Friday Free For All challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was to create a birthday card for a young boy.  I don't actually need a birthday card for a young boy - but I did have a fun set on my desk from Sweet 'n Sassy Stampers called All-Star Cocoa.  (I had done a baseball card yesterday for the May new release blog hop.)

I pulled out some papers that I liked and then thought about pennants.  I turned to the various challenge blogs that I like on Fridays and found the perfect sketch on iSpy Sketches.


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps All-Star Cocoa
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Jersey Shore dsp, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin, Olive and Bashful Blue CS
  • Ink: Memento black, Copics
  • Accessories: Sweet 'n Sassy grass die, square punch for pennant ends, misc brads


11 comments:

  1. What a fun card Kim! Love the little mouse peeking over the football. This would make a great Father's Day card for the football lover too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute!! i love the little brads at the top!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love this rugby ball card with such fab colours for a cheery but still boyish card. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE the ears! Great flipped sketch - Thanks for joining in with I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright graphic papers Kim & the added grass layer. Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you changed up the orientation of the sketch...great job- some little boy is going to love this:) Thanks for playing with us at iSpy this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you flipped the sketch!!! Adorable mouse and fun bright colors!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet and love the mix of colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy card, Kim! Just so bright and fresh! Love the colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card for a boy! Love the bright and bold colors. Also love how you switched up the sketch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little mouse! Love your card and thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!