Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Verve Kind of Day #4

I saw this morning's Splitcoast Color Challenge and walked away - definitely out of my comfort zone.  But...there is a reason they are called challenges.  So I decided to give it a try.  I forced myself to fully embrace these colors (vs. finding subtle patterned papers that matched) and I also went for a bold use of the dessert option: summer!!   Although I am happy with the final card, every decision and step of the way was painful!


The layout is from a May Viva La Verve Sketch.  Just one more to go for May and, for the first time, I will have finished that challenge!!
  • Stamps: Verve Miracles Blossom
  • Ink: copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil CS and dsp, Pacific Point dsp
  • Accessories: Mark Richards Yellow Glitter Domes and Black Nailheads, Stampin' Up Daffodil Grosgrain and Scalloped Border Punch, Nestabilities Pinking Circles, Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames and Clouds dies

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like these colours together and they definitely scream "summer" to me. Love the flower and the sun and clouds peeking out from behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the final result Kim. The sun & clouds take on the sketch is so sweet & you have balanced the colours really well. Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!