Monday, May 30, 2011

SCS CAS: Folded or Scrunched

Today's Splitcoast CAS Challenge was to fold or scrunch your ribbon.  I really like the folded ribbon look - I did a quick tutorial here (scroll past the shimmer paint instructions).


I pulled out the retired Kiwi Kiss for this card since I had ribbon, buttons, ink and paper in that color.  Since I had retired colors out - I also used Ruby Red and Cameo Coral, one of my favorite combos!

As a total sidetrack - how many of my Colorado readers are being invaded by miller moths?  I thought the cold weather might stop them - but apparently not.

For non-Colorado readers - I found this brief description of what it is like in Colorado during miller moth season:

Multitudes of Moths

Here's what happens if you simply use a fly swatter.  That's the "dust" from one of them smeared across my computer screen!

Although I really ought not complain as I just read about this Bermuda blogger's giant centipedes and flying cockroaches!!
I will have more posts today as I am finishing up the Verve May challenges and I have three to go!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Bold Blossom
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss, Ruby Red, Soft Suede
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Butterfly embosslist, Playground buttons, gems

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! The folded ribbon adds a nice touch and I'd never have thought of putting coral with red but I like it.

    We have our fair share of moths too but not quite as many as you guys have at the moment. I think I'd have a heart attack if I found any insect under the toilet seat cover! LOL! It might not be as bad if we were more closed up but due to the dogs always coming and going we always leave at least one door open so all the creepy crawlies come to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kim. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great design Kim. Love all the focus in the bottom corner. I love the look of the pleated ribbon & the button finishes it off perfectly.
    The smudgy moths don't sound like much fun...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!