Saturday, February 19, 2011

Perhaps they are not stars...

Perhaps they are not stars,
but rather openings in heaven
where the love of our lost ones pours
through and shines down
upon us to let us know they are happy.


I have had the idea for this card in my head all week since Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge was Vellum Sentiment Strips.  But I envisioned a green card with a tree.  Then today's SplitCoast Stampers Inspiration Challenge was directing us to a website for Wall Art called Walltat.  Right on the home page is a branch on a dusky gray wall and I immediately thought about an evening card.  Then, I remembered the sentiment above which is included in a PaperTrey set called With Sympathy - so I added a few small gems for stars.  It all came together! 

(Please remember that I make most of my cards for my church, so although this is a sympathy card, I can get excited when it is coming together because at the moment it isn't intended for a specific person.)

  • Stamps: Papertrey Out On a Limb (branch and flowers), Through the Trees (sentiment on front), With Sympathy (sentiment on inside)
  • Ink: Dark blue to coordinate with Papertrey's Enchanted Evening CS, PaperTrey White Snow
  • Paper: Papertrey Enchanged Evening, vellum cardstock
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Plus (vellum strip), Martha Stewart border punch, misc gems, Marvy Uchida button punch (my buttons from PTI's recent release aren't here yet!), Shimmer Spritz on the button


4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and looks so peaceful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing! You saw that wall deco ... and this is what you came up with??? You are a creative genius, Kim! I sooooo love this card! Beautiful job! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh ... meant to say ... what a beautiful verse! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is so gorgeous. My first visit to your blog and I am loving all the CAS cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!