Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One Last Card!!!

We had planned to spend a week at our place in the mountains - but my Christmas to-do list got in the way and we have come home early.  Not to mention that my children would not have survived had we gotten snowed in up in the mountains when all their Christmas presents were back home!

This is what I did this morning - it's Wednesday - only a few days until Christmas - and only now am I addressing Christmas cards!


I got up early, made a great cup of coffee, spread all of my Christmas cards out on the floor in front of the tree (with the cats) and got them all addressed. I think friends in Colorado will get theirs on time.  To all of you outside of Colorado - I'm sorry!!

Of course, you might notice the complete lack of presents under the tree.  I have them all, but they aren't wrapped.  I feel bad for my children as they have not been able to shake each one and wonder, but they have reached the age of feigned nonchalance so they haven't given any indication that they care!

In sorting out the cards, I did realize that I had missed one - my sweet little niece!  So I popped onto SplitCoast and found that the sketch challenge would work.


My niece, Karina, is a little miracle.  My brother and his wife had the loving spirit to adopt her from Russia.  She has blossomed into an intelligent, charming, high-energy little girl.

Sadly, we had to leave some amazing Christmas weather behind when we left the mountains:

This is just the parking lot of our mountain place.  It
snowed the entire time we were there and the
snow plows made incredible "mountains".

Just seconds after I took the first picture,
the ground that Erik was standing on
gave way and down he went!


Erik, 11 years old next week.

Andrew, 15 years old in two weeks


We came back down from the mountains yesterday
morning.  We left the snow on top of the car so we
had a little bit of winter down here in Denver!  You
should have seen the reaction of the people
at the Starbucks drive through when I came through
with a pile of snow!

  • Stamps: Angel Emma digi from All That Scraps
  • Inks: copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Rose Red, Daisy Bucket Wrapped Wishes dsp
  • Accessories: ribbon from Michaels, silver, clear and green Twinklettes

1 comment:

  1. What fun, Kim! I so enjoyed seeing this little moment in your life! And ... that Christmas scene with cards & cat in front of the tree ... seemed almost "surreal". Very serene ... and peaceful!

    Just popping by to share a special Christmas message with you ...
    Andrea's Christmas Wish
    Christmas Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!