Thursday, December 30, 2010

FOUR Sympathy, FIVE SU sets

I went through my remaining stamp sets and found some that work well for Sympathy cards.  Remember...I make these for the church card ministry, so I truly am not having this much tragedy in my life.


Set 307 - Serene Spring


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Serene Spring, Verve sentiment
  • Inks: Memento Brown, copics, SU Baja
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Baja, Pear CS, Pear dsp, Espresso
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Oval and Scalloped Oval Punch, Scalloped Border Punch, misc ribbon
  • Challenges: Curtain Call Color Challenge



Set 308, 309 - Label Classics, Sweet Stems


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Labelicious, Sweet Stems, CD Stamps Heartfelt Sentiments
  • Inks: Memento Brown, Prismacolor pens
  • Paper: White
  • Accessories: pearls from Michaels

Set 310 - Longtime Friend


The layout of pearls and buttons comes from a card in Paper Crafts Card Creations Favorite Occasions, Vol. 2.
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Longtime Friends
  • Ink: Memento Brown
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Barely Banana, K&Co Susan Winget Nature
  • Accessories: misc buttons and pearls, embroidery floss, Nesties oval and scalloped oval

Set 311 - Drawing on Nature


Edited to Add: After I got this card posted here and on OLW and on SCS, I realized that the OLW challenge said absolutely no embellishments.  "Oops" on the silver pearls.  But I do think this card would work without the pearls.
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Drawing on Nature, Simply Stamped sentiment
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Perfect Plum
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (from a set of four folders called Give a Hoot), SU Shimmer Paint - on outside frame of butterfly, silver pearls from Michaels
  • Challenges: One Layer Wednesday Boot Camp, SplitCoast Stampers Ways To Use It: Silver

------------------

Yesterday I talked about the large quantity of cards that I have been making and posting on various challenge sites.  The "quantity" worked in my favor again!

I was a Just Add Ink Top Pick for Sketch 48 with this boxed set!!

Another Happy Day!!


5 comments:

  1. beautiful cards! you OLW card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of cards Kim. Pretty images! Thank you for plaing with us at Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card for the OLW challenge. I love that embossing folder. Which folder is it? I also love the other cards. I just finished a sympathy card for a friend. I find them very difficult to make...yours are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have imagined the card without the pearls and it is still stunning!

    Awesome job on the challenge, thanks for playing along with OLW34!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!