Friday, November 26, 2010

Free Time on Thanksgiving

I had free time on Thanksgiving day because my husband does all the cooking!!


My children were very occupied with their video games as I allowed them more than their usual limited time.  (Apparently the necktie on my youngest is for good luck!)




So I wandered to my craft corner and in 15 minutes put together these fun little placecards.  They are nothing fancy, but the children at the table loved them!


I used Microsoft Word to create 3x3 text boxes. Then I typed each of our names in the bottom left corner.  I printed them up Stampin' Up More Mustard CS (to match my dishes).  I then die cut the turkeys, stamped the bodies in brown and the tails in a variety of colors (again to match my dishes).  A quick bow of baker's twine - and I had cheerful(?) little turkeys watching us eat!

Actually what I was really doing was trying to ignore my cats who spent the morning trying to catch a mouse in the family room where I was going to entertain my guests in the afternoon.  We live in the country....it happens.


  • Stamps: PaperTrey Gobble, Gobble
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Cajun Craze (I also used Concord Crush and Always Artichoke for other tails), PaperTrey Dark Chocolate
  • Paper: Stampin' Up More Mustard
  • Accessories: PaperTrey Dark Chocolate Baker's Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!