Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Big Going-Away Card

When my pastor asked if I would make a BIG card for the church secretary who is leaving at the end of the month - I had a mental image of those 3 foot high cards you can get at the store.  Nothing made for card-making is sized for that big a card.

Then it was suggested that I make it 8 1/2 x 11. The congregation will write notes to her on the same size paper and I will bind it all together into a little book.  Even at 8 1/2 x 11, this was hard to make.  I followed a sketch from Lord Have Mercy! and then just supersized everything!  (The small "card" to the right is a regular sized card just so you can see the difference.)



I did use Stampin' Up stamps on this card, but I had already counted them for my 2010 goal of making sure that all of my SU sets see ink.
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Elegant Greetings and Simple Sketches (the leaves)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Bella Rose dsp, PaperTrey Ink Dark Chocolate (my ALL-time favorite brown!)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, PaperTrey Ink Ripe Avocado (slightly darker than Kiwi) and Dark Chocolate
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up rhinestones, PaperTrey Ink scallop border die, Prima white wildflowers pillar pack colored with copics and spritzed with Tattered Angels pearl glimmer mist, Stampin' Up Chocolate satin, American Crafts Crimson ribbon (just found at Archivers)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland my friend! I'm tickled pink that you're sharing your art! I'm linking you on my main blog and will feature you as a new blogger! ((HUGS)) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and layout for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,

    I found your blog through Kris (I just love her style!). Your cards are all so elegant -- just what I like. So I signed up as your first follower in order to keep up with your wonderful artwork.

    Greetings from Germany
    and happy creating,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!