Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Peace, Joy, Love

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko.


I just picked up Neat & Tangled's new Tree Duo stencil.  My original plan was to create an entire forest of sponged trees - but I wanted them to be misty and snowy and I just don't have the artistic skills to do that (although I'm going to keep trying).  Then I decide a few sparkly white trees with one colorful tree was just the ticket!!

FMS Peace Joy Love

(Sorry for the shadowy picture - my normal lighting set-up totally washed out the trees.)

I used one of the stencils minus one tree and added embossing paste with a sprinkling of glitter on top.  I liked the small pattern on this paper for the tree so I just matched up some cardstock colors.  I've always liked the look of this sentiment and I thought it was bold enough to stand alone.

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way
Dies: Neat & Tangled Scandinavian Prints Christmas, Lucky Stars
Cardstock: Taylored Expressions Sweet Basil, Mulled Wine, Mocha
Paper: Simple Stories Cozy Christmas 6x6
Other: Stampin' Up Embossing Paste, Martha Stewart Fine Clear Glitter

10 comments:

  1. Catching up time! You've created a lovely forest with the sparkle and patterned paper! I'd love to bundle up and go for a wander...And yes, I'll be checking out the N&T dies you've used; intrigued!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!! I love the white trees and then the POP with the patterned paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Kim! I like the wee bit of gold sparkle you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love these stylish trees! Sparkles and a fun pattern.....you can't go wrong! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! I absolutely LOVE those different trees! The patterned one stands out so nicely! I love the glimmer of the white trees too! So pretty and perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card with so much interest and texture! The patterned tree is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sparkly trees and the colorful one are a match made in heaven! And I've got that Christmas sentiment set from Technique Tuesday and I've got to say it's one of my faves. You're right - the sentiment does stand on it's own and looks great against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting some nice ideas for my Christmas cards next year. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! I love the combination of white trees and DSP one - such a wonderful festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The glitter on the embossing paste trees is spectacular! I jus love the touch of traditional colors with the clean white feel. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!