Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Birthday in Bloom

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


A dear friend had a birthday yesterday.  I knew I wanted to send happy colors and fun flowers.  I also remembered a card that I've had in my inspiration files for quite awhile - I even bought the flower die to do it.  It's a cutting plate die which means it actually covers the front of a full-size card. This is just a piece of it.

FMS Blooms

Here's the card that inspired me.  It's stunning and I kind of hate to let you see it in comparison to mine!!  But I always give credit and the concept of cutting into the die is all Shannon's (plus I'm sure it will inspire you too!)

I hope to see you playing along.  Most of us either have Christmas cards to finish - or we are done with cards and can take a deep breath and make a card just for fun.  Either way - it's a great sketch to play with!!

SUPPLY LISTS



8 comments:

  1. These happy, bright colors and the beautiful design are sure to make your friend smile. A beautiful birthday card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is happy, cheerful and pretty Kim! I'm sure your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cut die cut! Nice option to use! Very pretty birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely birthday card!!! Great use of that die cut in the middle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Kim! I love that diecut! The colour combination is perfect and just looks so cheery! Perfect to celebrate someone's special day! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy colors indeed! Love the floral die cut. And I love your mix of warm, tropical colors. A gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That die cut is really fantastic and your colors are so happy and refreshing. I'm sure this was greatly appreciated!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredibly pretty, Kim! The flower die is quite eye-catching! Have you seen the new flower dies from the Simon Says recent Friends release? I may be inviting one (or three) to come live at my place. Need to learn how to make eye-catching backgrounds for them first (perhaps I'll dabble with alcohol inks, as water-colour is so not happening for me...still!)...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!