Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches: Autumn Sympathy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum.


Sadly, I need a sympathy card for a funeral tomorrow.  This gentleman's faith had a huge impact on my family over the years through Bible studies, through teaching my children in Confirmation, and just by living his life as a Christian example.  He wasn't young and he also knew the entire time he was battling his final illness that he was headed home.  It's hard to truly mourn him, but my heart does break for his wife - he was everything to her.

FMS With Sympathy

I like this card as a statement of sympathy.  In retrospect, I probably should have thought more of his wife than of him - I think a rose-colored flower might have been a better choice for her - but I know it will have meaning to her.

I hope to see you playing along this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST


10 comments:

  1. A beautifully blended leaf, and I love the swirl behind it, which pairs beautifully with that pretty sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and oh so elegant! I love that wonderful leaf and swirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - perfect choices for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about this card is perfect for a sympathy card. And that leaf looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clean and fresh Sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she will treasure this. It is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card Kim! I'm sure your friend will appreciate this. That leaf is amazing - such vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Kim! I love your choice of colours for your leaf - so earthy and life-like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous autumn leaf! Your card is so elegant with this clean and classy background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!