Sunday, April 17, 2016

Life Never Stops Changing!

Almost exactly two months ago, I did this card from a long-time friend who was moving far away. In the post, I talked about changes - those in her life and those in mine. Today, I have updates on both.

First, her party was held quite early because she actually just moved last Friday, but she's an accountant and she was more than just a little busy during tax season so we got together while she was still able to think about something besides numbers!  But I couldn't let her leave without one more card to remind her how much I love her.

In March, Reverse Confetti released a great die and stamp set (which I also just used on this card and will definitely use many, many more times!)  I already knew that I was going to get it - but was completely sold when I saw Jen's use of the die and stamp set as a little house because I knew it would make a perfect card for my friend.  So here's my take on "Happy New Home" also using the current sketch challenge at Reverse Confetti.

RC New Home

FYI - all dies and stamps are from Reverse Confetti (linked below) except that I didn't have the Edgers die that Jen used to make the roof which would have made things much, much easier had I had it!  The heart "grass" below the sentiment is actually a row of five hearts so I cut it and just moved the die over to recut it.

So on to my changes. I also talked in that post linked at the top about my going back into the work world and the fear that I was feeling, but that I knew that God cared about every detail and He had a plan. Well...He definitely had a plan - and it was that that particular job wouldn't work out. Long, long story. But much more importantly, He had a better plan!!  I have left that job and I start tomorrow at a new job that thrills me beyond words. The work is exciting, the employer is more "important" - and to top everything off - it pays more, has better benefits, requires less hours and is exactly 3 1/2 miles from my home!!  How lucky did I get?! 

I am going to work at town hall for my little Town of Parker!  I call it more "important" because I will am working with taxpayer money and helping to appropriately budget for town safety and recreation.  I take that very, very seriously. I also won't be stuck in an office. My official title is "Accounting Technician - Interdepartmental Liaison" (definitely need to shorten that title.) And the departments are located around the town - the Rec Center, the Field House, the Parker Arts Pace Center - and more!!  I am a small town girl at heart - and it thrills me that I get to spend my days in my own town!

 Praise be to God!!

SUPPLY LIST

The paper is my favorite We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard which is getting a little hard to find. I've seen individual sheets at franticstamper.com and I have seen 6x6 pads at Amazon.





8 comments:

  1. Huge congrats on your new job, Kim! I'm so glad that things are working out so well for you and that all your hard work has led to a job that you are excited about. It makes such a difference in life when your job is more than just work. :)
    Loving your clever card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm behind in commenting (fully intend to catch up...hope the 'love' thought bubbles have arrived, though!), but HAD to parachute in to say: what an AWESOME new role you're embarking on! Talk about a position that suits you to a 't'! I'm beyond excited for you, Kim; yes, God had a better plan and how marvelous that you were open to receiving it! I'm sending Him some prayers for 'fresh starts' in my life, too...waiting and trusting. You'll be fantastic as your town's ATIL person...absolutely fan-tas-tic! Speaking of which: so too is your card!
    Hugs (very excited, big squeezy hugs)~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay love your cute card but I have to get to the HOT DIGGITY DOG on your new job!! I'm so happy for you Kim, it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo happy for you, Kim!!!! God's plans never cease to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really adorable card, Kim! Love everything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for this card. Am so pleased to hear that God is working out his plans for you and blessing you with a more suitable job. Enjoy all those special benefits! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for your new job! awesome 'commute'...
    Love your card, fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!