Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fairy Lanterns

I spent a wonderful afternoon this week at a friend's house making fairy lanterns!  (Thank you Michele!!)

Fairy Lantern

My friend had the stamp sets, she had found all of the supplies and had everything out and ready to go. It was a beautiful afternoon with the sun shining in.  There's not much more that I need in life - a friend, a shared hobby and sunshine!!

Fairy Lantern Close1

The fairies comes from Lawn Fawn's Fairy Friends. They had created little scenes with them in jars which gave my friend the idea for the lanterns.  As another option, she also had the You Gnome Me set from My Favorite Things (that's where the snail came from). 

Fairy Lantern Close2

Truth be told - I am absolutely terrible at dimensional projects.  Poor Michele had to handle the glue gun (I tried once and burned myself), she had to bend the wires for the flying fairy, and she had to reach into my lantern and plant the various flowers and images!  So I can't really claim responsibility for my little lantern - but I really wanted to show it off!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kim. Sounds like a delicious afternoon creating this adorable little lantern with a crafty friend. I love it. The art teacher in my school has a fairy door hidden in the library for her second grade class to find.... this is giving me some ideas! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, so cute, your friend did a great job with all of the supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project!! Sounds like you had a fun afternoon creating and spending time with your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable idea, this is delightful Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it would be fun to make, though for me I'd be too scared to do it more than once, lol! This is very sweet, and I can just imagine the delight on little ones faces as they peeked inside at the fairies. Absolutely adorable!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fairy lantern is incredibly pretty! I'd love to create something like this with my niece, although I don't think either one of us would be successful with a glue gun! Crafting with a special friend sounds delightful!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cool idea! My grand-daughter would love this! And ... thanks for the idea to create it in a jar ... for those of us who don't have access to the lantern template. I will have to pin this idea for a craft day with my little Bree! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!