Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Curtain Call Reminder: Pretty Pumpkins

This is my second post today - Freshly Made Sketches is just a post away!

Just a reminder that there is still time to play along with the challenge at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Pretty Pumpkins.


I wanted to use my new Thankful frame along with one of my favorite autumn sets ever - both from Reverse Confetti. I like the patterns on the stamps and they fit nicely inside the frame.  

CC Thankful Out1

This is a different type of photo for me - I'm the gray backdrop gal. My crafting time is in the wee hours of the morning so my photographs happen when it's still dark. Consequently, my photo area and my camera settings are geared for that.  Yesterday was unusual - my morning time didn't happen, but I needed to get this card done for Curtain Call. My normal set-up did not work due to the daylight coming into my craft room.  I'd get odd color casts on my card, and when I tried to correct it in editing software, the golden colored cardstock turned greenish.

Clearly, I am SO not a photographer because I had no idea how to correct it all, and I was afraid to change my camera settings because I might never get them back! I solved my problem by taking my card outside!  Now I'm wishing I could take photos in daylight hours - it's nice!! And it took minimal editing!  (BTW - I don't live in a regular neighborhood - we all have 5 acre horse properties (but I don't have horses) - and the dead-looking "grass" is actually pasture!)

CC Thankful Out2

I hope to see you playing along with Pretty Pumpkins at Curtain Call!!  It's that time of the year - I'm sure plenty of us have our pumpkin stamps out on our desk!

SUPPLY LIST

The red ink is Stampin' Up Poppy Parade. The baker's twine is also Stampin' Up.  There's actually blue in the patterned paper which gave me the idea of the twine - but as I look at the photo, I covered the blue up so the twine doesn't match anything!!  Oh well, I'll call it "contrast"!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the inspiration photo! I love that RC polka-dot pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kim! Love the patterns on those RC images! Fantastic take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic design! Love the patterned heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Kim, the polka dot pumpkin is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you fit the pumpkin inside the frame and wound the twine around the top panel. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Kim. I love the thankful frame with the pumpkin and heart... great patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!