Monday, September 28, 2015

Merry Monday: A Rainbow of Snowflakes

I am thrilled to be a guest designer at this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.  I like this week's challenge a lot. I've spent quite a bit of time over the last week working on Christmas cards with mainly very traditional colors - either greens and reds, or blues for winter snowflakes. This week's challenge at Merry Monday is a rainbow!


I thought long and hard about using Christmas ornaments - just like in the graphic.  But I had a new set on my desk that was calling my name so I decided to make it work.  I'm not sure if a rainbow of snowflakes makes much sense - but it is definitely "merry"!

Merry Monday Rainbow 4

I love these snowflakes.  I needed another snowflake set like a hole in the head, but I love their open, knotted, almost Celtic look - so they definitely found a home in my collection.  I used basic Stampin' Up colors to create the rainbow - even the long-retired Marvelous Magenta.  I actually have every color they have ever come out with - along with reinkers and cardstock.  I'm obsessive like that!  But clearly it's necessary because Marvelous Magenta was absolutely required for that last snowflake.

I hope to see you playing along with Merry Monday.  You'll definitely see me in the gallery each week from now until Christmas because I can't afford to miss a week with at least 2 or 3 Christmas cards coming out of my craft desk.  I love the variety of challenges at Merry Monday - they will keep me motivated!

SUPPLY LIST

The bottom purple snowflake is Stampin' Up Marvelous Magenta.  The snowflake centers are Stampin' Up rhinestones colored with Copics.



13 comments:

  1. Your rainbow of snowflakes is so beautifully colorful and delightfully CAS! Love this card and you've chosen perfect colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! The rainbow of snowflakes is just perfect. I love the stamps you used and now I am going to have to splurge and buy that fun set. STUNNING design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful rainbow colored snowflakes! Wouldn't they make an awesome snow flurry? Thanks so much for joining our team at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snowflakes are amazing, Kim! Love the design and the Marvelous Magenta snowflake! I too have every single color SU has ever had! I'm a bit OCD when it comes to colors & matching supplies! HAHA! So happy that our challenge keeps you motivated on getting those Christmas cards made! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week....your card ROCKS! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I love your rainbow of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rainbow of snowflakes is merry and gorgeous...such lovely images...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snowflakes make such a pretty rainbow card. Thanks for joining us as GD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you mixed snowflakes, sequins and gems and the rainbow of colors looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ACK! Rainbow snowflakes are THE best! LOVE this card, Kim and so happy to have you as Guest Designer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO gorgeous! I loved looking through ALL of your Christmas cards!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, I love the CAS layout. So glad you joined us as a GD for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, your soft colored snowflakes are so pretty! Thanks so much for being out Guest Designer at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!