Thursday, September 17, 2015

Another 365 Day Trip

I am playing along with two challenges with this card and I give them 100% credit to them for my card.

CAS(E) this Sketch!



The Paper Players


These two were sitting side by side in my challenge log and I knew instantly what I was going to do!!

Around the Sun

It's a bit of a walk on the wild side for me.  I have a variety of these watercolor look-a-like stamps but I rarely use them.  I am terrified of actual watercoloring - not enough control for me - so I thought the stamps might help, but not so much.  However, with these challenges, I saw swooshes of color as the sunrise and I knew it would fit with this sentiment.  

The addition of the actual sun was a last minute thought as I just wasn't convinced my idea was entirely obvious.  I used the burst from Stampin' Up's Kinda Eclectic but masked off the bottom of the card.  Then I thought the center of the burst looked a little regular for the card so I stamped one more time with one of the rounder blotches from PTI's Watercolor Wonder.  

SUPPLY LIST

I had so many sequins on my desk trying to match these colors - I have no idea what I ended up using!


18 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those moments of instant mojo!
    So good to know your beautiful card came to life with the inspiration of CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these faux brush stroke stamps. And TPP's colors are so pretty together too. I like the addition of the sun here; it just adds the right amount of interest. Perfect sentiment placement too. This is a great card. And like you, I was terrified of watercoloring. Then I watched this video I found at Mayline's blog from September 4th. Way less scary! https://lovedesignandme.wordpress.com/ Gave me the courage to try again. Have a great Thursday. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is fabulous! i love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and very artsy! Now about that challenge log........do you have a great way to organize them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.... love how this all came together (you wild and crazy thing)!! SO perfect for CTS #140!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch Kim, this is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, a bit out of your comfortzone.... :-)
    Well your card turned out just great, so no worries!
    Nice colorcombo and I definitely love the stamped sun!!
    subtle but it adds something extra, perfect.
    And so are your sequins, ha, ha, no matter what brand they are. :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    Ps. I just wished that working out of my comfortzone would work for me as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors, fab design, and just a wonderful [never before seen] sentiment that I now find myself putting on the ever so long wish list of PTI items! Lovely addition to the CTS gallery - thank you!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great combination of both challenges! I love your swathes of colour and your sentiment is just lovely. The sun and sequins are the perfect addition and it's clear that a lot of thought went into your beautifully CAS card. Thanks for joining my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's perfect! Send some of that amazing inspiration my way, Kim! I rarely use my watercolor stamps either. I should pull them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your card came together so perfectly, Kim!
    Gotta love those brush strokes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Total perfection!! I love the combination of the two challenges with those awesome colors and that sketch. Really awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim this is a perfect CAS card! Love the splash of color and the sentiment is awesome! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, What a great card! And congratulations on being the headliner over at the Paper Players this week. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Headliner at Paper Players and HM at CTS. Maybe you ought to break out those swishes more often, Kim. I love your thought behind using them. Sunset/rise it is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the TWO shout outs at the challenge sites! Well deserved. BTW ... great match of the sequin colours! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your mix of stamps and bit of sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!