Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: Shoot for the Stars

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!


My graduation card needs this year rival my usual Christmas card needs.  My oldest is a high school senior, plus all of his friends.  My husband is heavily involved in youth ministry and in youth lacrosse and an amazing number of his "kids" are graduating.  So I'm not going into any challenge or cardmaking need without thinking about graduation.  I like to use school colors on graduation cards and I tend toward more formal cards, but I need to add a few brighter cards to my collection for those certain kids that are most definitely not formal!

Shoot for the Stars

This is a fun sketch and you definitely need to check out the FMS Blog to see the amazing variety of great cards that the design team put together.

SUPPLY LIST

I'm not doing a picture supply list on this one because there's not much product that I can link.  The stamp comes from a Simon Says kit from awhile back that does not seem to be available anymore - it's called Shoot for the Stars.  The patterned paper is Doodlebug Hip Hip Hooray.  The cardstock for the banners came from the scrap pile.  The stars are Lil' Inkers Stitched Stars die set.

12 comments:

  1. So colorful and bright! Definitely celebratory! Love how you used the banners and the stars are oh so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love the banner detail and beautiful brights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspirational.
    I find it difficult to make cards for graduates, but yours is FAB!
    love the perfect sentiment and the bright banners.
    And in these colors it's perfect for all the boys/ young men who graduate!
    The way you used the sketch, the banners, gives your card a bit of a playful twist. (sorry, I hope you get my point)
    :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. and good look with all the other grad cards you still have to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those colorful banners, cool take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I am loving the banners that you used for this sketch. The bright colors you used are so happy. Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorful, happy, festive...perfect for a graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tis the upcoming graduation season! The banners are perfect and not gender specific so I can see this design on a lot of cards! And I just the color choices you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect personalized card, Kim. Love these bright colors, and what a brilliant way to use the sketch. Love this! Blessed Easter to you and your family too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and clever take on the sketch, Kim! The banners are too cool and I love the font on that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sketch and love your card...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!