Thursday, July 31, 2014

Paper Smooches Designer Draft: Thanks

I've had a great week where stamps, challenges and my need for a specific card have all come together perfectly and today is no exception!  Last weekend, our good friends invited us over for a wonderful birthday meal for my husband.  She is a baker and made the cake.  He loves to use his smoker and made beef brisket and ribs. Our kids are friends and they entertained themselves.  It doesn't get much better than that.

I had purchased Paper Smooches' Flatware dies with the main purpose of "thank you for your hospitality" cards.  Then...the Paper Smooches sketch challenge for July included a panel that reminded me of a place mat.  I so love challenges when they give me the perfect starting point!

Thanks


My friend, Michelle, has a fun business and, if you are local to the Parker Colorado area, I want to make sure you know about it.  She has over 130 themed cake pans and she rents them, along with other cake supplies!  Here's the Facebook page for Lil' Miss Cake Shoppe.   Soccer ball pans and castles and Lego people and these muffin pans which makes me chuckle every time!  (No, she didn't do these for my 
husband!!


I'm also adding this card to the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge.

  • Stamps: none
  • Paper: MME Presh 6x6 pad, Stampin' Up Cajun Craze and Not Quite Navy, Simon Says Fog and Smoke
  • Ink: none
  • Accessories: Paper Smooches Flatware and Thanks die, Tim Holtz Scallops die, Hemptique 10-lb natural twine

7 comments:

  1. What a super cool card, perfect for the occasion :) I am sure u had a great meal together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic use for the sketch, love your card Kim :)
    Those muffin top cases are just hilarious too !!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a terrific bday meal for your hubby! This card is perfect too, love the fun utensils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend's business looks so fun! And your place mat card is adorable!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the card! Those muffins in the pant bottoms made me LOL. What a great idea for a business - super for birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute Kim! I just got this set a few weeks ago and have yet to use it! Your card is inspiring me! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a clever, fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!