Saturday, February 9, 2013

Retrosketches with some Papertrey Love

This is my second post today!

A number of challenges came together for me this week (I love it when that happens!!).  There is a new sketch at retrosketches.


I didn't really want to use a heart because I am pretty much done with Valentine's Day.  In digging through my die stash, I found the notched flower dies from Papertrey Ink.  This made me think about the fact that there is a lot going on at PTI this month with their sixth anniversary.  One of the things going on is CASing their design team and the prize is the first $300 of stuff on your wishlist.  Wouldn't that be nice?  Of course, they have hundreds and hundreds of entrants, but you can't win if you don't try!!

I have always liked this card from Maile Belles.  I've actually totally CASed it already - but I wanted to focus on what I like best - the neutral, soft gray background and the pop of vibrant color.

Love You So Much
At the point that I was picking the sentiment - I remembered another challenge at A Passion for Papertrey: Love Is In the Air.  So after my attempt to avoid a heart - I still ended up with a love card!!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings, Turning a New Leaf
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise dp and Vellum Cardstock
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Soft Chartreuse, Memento black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Notched Flower die, Turning a New Leaf die, Summer Sunrise button, Impression Plate, misc twine, Spellbinder rectangle die

22 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on the sketch ~ great idea to make a window and use the sunrise impression plate behind it. Absolutely love the bright colors with the soft stone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay..love this! Great take on the sketch and those bright flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim, I love the colours of your Notched Flowers. A great card to CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been making some fabulous cards Kim and this is lovely too. I really like bright flower and the subtle sunburst in the aperture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...great sketch use...love the bright flower! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bright "pop" of colour against the neutral background Kim. Must try a vellum overlay myself, that looks really cool ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is fabulous! I love that big, bright flower and the sentiment on vellum! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid ... fantastic burst of colour against the soft grey and I LOVE the sentiment on vellum! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! This is stunning Kim and so totally pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic card, Kim. I love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card! I love that vibrant pop of color against the soft, subtle background. That's a fabulous sentiment panel too with gorgeous fonts! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gloriously gorgeous! I love the rectangle opening to the impressed panel – wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is just beautiful. I love your bright colors for the flowers and the embossed background, fabulous touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card..... And your lasttwo are fabulous....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is going to be in everyone's favorite CASE files, Kims! The pop of color against the gray is amazing, but the detail behind the flower? Go to the head of the class!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an AWESOME take on this weeks sketch! So eye catching n fabulous in every way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolute perfection, Kim! And very beautiful, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Kim. I love the vellum, soft grey and super pop of colour. Fingers crossed for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card, Kim. The rays within the window is such a great idea. I really like the bold pop of color against the soft stone card stock, too! Pinning it now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply stunning! Love that pop of colour and the negative space!
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!