Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Celebrate with the Turkey!!

I absolutely love the Cover Ups set by The Alley Way stamps and this little turkey has to be at the top of my favorites!!  The little "cages" he is standing on are actually big enough to be candy wrappers for little candy bars.  I put this little turkey outside of the cages - thus the reason he is willing to celebrate!!

Celebrate with the Turkey

I LOVE square cards so I HAD to play along with this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  These little 4 1/4" are so sweet and it's so easy to fill up the card!


I actually started out my square card playing with the rainbow and the heart in the Cover-Ups set, but I kept thinking about the challenge at Less Is More which is a One Layer FUR or FEATHERS card and knew it was a perfect excuse to pull out my turkey.  (This card took a little more work than it should have.  To make it one layer, I had to stamp the oval for the sign, create a mask, sponge inside and outside, poke holes for the twine, etc. - all of which make ruined the "simple" part of "clean and simple"!)

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Cover-Ups, oval from Get The Point
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray (cages), Memento black and copics (turkey), Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs, Tumbled Glass and a hint of Old Paper and Barn Door on the sign
  • Accessories: twine


8 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kim..
    That turkey is quite something!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, that is one lucky turkey! And he also happens to be really cute, so he's got that on his side, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turkey looks very smug!!!i love the sponging you have added. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little turkey is so stinkin' cute!!! I love this little scene you created and how you made it one layer. Wow! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turkey is just too cute..and I love that "fencing"...fab card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Kim, love the humour. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card Kim
    Super turkey, he is so handsome in those super colours
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!