Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Sketch and ColourQ

This is one of those rare cards that made itself.  I started with the colourQ challenge and assumed that I would make a Christmas card.  I saw the splitcoaststampers sketch challenge and knew that my new doily die would be perfect for the bigger circle.  As I was pawing through my stash for something Christmas, I saw the cross and realized that this could all come together for a rich, elegant and meaningful card - perfect for our church card racks!


Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

(Did you notice that the watermark given to me by Sweet 'n Sassy uses the same cross that I used on the card!!??)



  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Elegant Blessings and Our Refuge
  • Paper: Stampin' Up black, white, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Quickutz Dainty Doily die, misc ribbon and gems

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kim! Art would love it!! (Cool about the cross!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so glamorous! All the elements are perfect! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim, love the cross ( great you have it as a watermark now too)& that fabulous bow is so pretty also :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas card, Kim, love that cross! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ. I hope you are safe in your part of Colorado, which seems to be burning again this year. Have a good rest of your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Kim! Love that big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! I love the way you put these colors together but I gotta say that my favorite part is that FANTASTIC BOW! It's so perfect it hurts my eyes to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful card! I love the cross and how you used the colours. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great sentiment/verse - and that bow is a looker! Great layout too.

    Showing bloggy love from ColorQ Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also had a looksee around your blog, think i'll be your newest follower - I love your design and sentiments you use! <3

    Showing bloggy love from ColorQ Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Kim, I love that gorgeous ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, this is gorgeous! Love all your elements, especially that super-fab bow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your ColourQ courtier win Kim this was a beautiful card! WOW that bow is just yummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Love the green doily and the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping back to say congratulations on being named a colourQ Courtier for your great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!