Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Refuge and My Fortress

We had out church cardmaking gathering last week and our cards racks are looking colorful and full!!!  That is...except for sympathy cards...so you will be seeing quite a few sympathy cards from me over the next few weeks.

This morning, I decided to play along with the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge.  It has a rectangular section that worked perfectly for this verse...



I had also just seen this week's colors at the Color Throwdown.



 I started this card with a very different vision.  I imagined that the colors would make a beautiful brayered or sponged scene behind the verse - a little rolling River Rock hill with a hint of Daffodil sunshine and a Soft blue Sky. A few weeks ago, I rearranged my desk and I put my box of dies on top of the desk and moved the box of brayers and sponges that had been on top of my desk...somewhere??!!  You have to realize two things - I have a craft CORNER and ... the box is bright green.  There aren't too many too many places that my box of brayers and sponges could be hiding.  But they are definitely hiding.  So I simplified my card and I am happy with the results.

Fun news:  my jaunty little fruits card was a Top Pick at Stampin' Royalty.

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Our Refuge and Serene Silhouettes
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, River Rock, Daffodil CS and dsp, Soft Sky dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Versamark Champagne Dazzle
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, EK Success border punch



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kim. I love the pair of butterflies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably a good thing your green box is hiding. This beautiful card might never have materialized! Love the verse and it is perfect for this sketch. What a lovely card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not have been what you originally envisioned but it's still gorgeous. Love the subtle flowers stamped along the bottom and the sweet butterflies.
    Congrats on your Stampin' Royalty win and I'm also really loving your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely sympathy card and great use of the CTD colors! What a great church fundraising idea you're a part of...I'll have to consider something similar for my church. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. The subtle colours and design let the verse take center stage. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim! This is just so lovely! The colours are simply beautiful ... and I am so keen to pop by SnS and get some of those verse stamps! Guess what! After you posted the link ... I went and subscribed to the Online class (CAS) ... and then my computer crashed!!! Have been without for 2 1/2 days!!! Still in the process of putting back the pieces (internet bookmarks ... incl all my blog friends!) etc. I hope I can find the time to see what is going on ... because I haven't had a chance to look at the site yet! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Kim! I LOVE the color combo!! I also like how the sentiment is the main focus of the card! Sympathy cards are never around here either when I need one! I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with because those are some of the harder ones for me to create. I think simply because I often feel like I want them to be "just right."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear KIm. This is really beautiful And what a great verse from teh Bible to encourage a loved one with. The colour combo is just so pretty.. Love it.

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply sweet card, Kim!! Very calming...perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, thisis SO beautiful! I love the sketch and the clean lines...also really pretty color combo. Good luck with the challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!