Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another Idea from Online Card Classes

I am up to Day 3 of using the techniques and ideas from Online Card Classes.  So far, there have been five days of samples and videos and two bonus days(!) so I am just a little behind.  And now a new week is going to start...whew!

On Day 3, Jennifer talked about monochromatic cards and Tami shared a gatecard sample.  I put the two together to get this...

I used pop dots on my popped flower, but Jennifer had a marvelous technique in which she cut the die cut in the card stock and then six more of the same die cut in white.  She layered those all together to "pop" the diecut and in the end she had a wonderful white effect on the sides.  Gorgeous!  But I simply don't have the patience to cut and then adhere all of those layers.

My banner and sentiment treatment came right from the sample gatefold card (thanks Tami!)


  • Stamps: Hero Arts Sending You Love clear set
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral CS and dsp
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink flower die cuts, Stampin' Up embossing folders and button embosslit

9 comments:

  1. Amazingly beautiful - love the gate card! The embossed dies are beautiful AND love your color choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this card is stunning! Love the monochromatic look...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim, love the contrasting sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Kim! I love the color and those embossed flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! I followed your link to the classes ... signed up ... paid my $$$ and then my computer crashed!!! So ... I am waaaayyy behind! I have been able to check the website ... but no time to try out any of the fab ideas ... but keen to try asap! So ... I will check out your projects ... and that will keep me happy! These ideas are 'oldies' but ... it is so good to have a reminder ... because we tend to forget! I haven't done a mono in ages ... and now my fingers are itching to create! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love all the texture on the flowers and bold sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Kim and such a glorious earthy colour too....top marks for nailing the gatefold technique :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like your card!
    It´s so nice to be able to see the participants own cards! It´s a great bonus inspiration source :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card Kim
    I love monochrome cards
    mandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!