Sunday, June 5, 2011

i{heart}sketches and Stamping Bella

There is a monthly sketch challenge at i{heart}2stamp that I typically find myself doing on the last day of the month. It comes out on the first Saturday (yesterday) and I am doing June's sketch today (Sunday)!  I just decided I didn't want to have to remember every single day in June that I had a sketch challenge to do!

Their sponsor for June is Stampin' Bella and I have some great Bella stamps!

Then I had to pick colors.  I am still on a high from winning a roll of retired polka dot Melon Mambo ribbon on E-Bay last night so I decided that I would allow myself to use some of my precious stash.  It turns out that this week's color throwdown challenge uses Melon Mambo!



  • Stamps: Stamping Bella
  • Ink: Memento black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie dsp
  • Accessories: Nestabilities square, scalloped square and circle, Stampin' Up Melon Mambo ribbon, Spica glitter pens (on the lace)
We spent yesterday at Erik's lacrosse tournament (they are still winning so we are spending most of the day there today also.)  In Denver, the popularity of lacrosse is growing at an amazing rate.  There are 20+ fields in use at this tournament all day long and they have a huge lacrosse vendor area and play area.  Erik tried out something that I had never seen before - the human-sized hamster ball:

He crawled into a giant
plastic ball.

They blew it up with what
looked like a leaf blower.


They rolled him up the
ramp to the pool.

In he goes!

He spent the whole time
trying to stand up!

It was brief, but he did it!

Then they just unzip him
and he's done!

7 comments:

  1. Love this Kim the colors are gorgeous.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright cheery take on this month's SFYTT! I love it! Love your use of Bella's funky clothesline too. I actually just got this stamp and might have to case your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clothesline...so cute! Great colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Kim. I love Mambo Melon, one if my favorite rich tone colors. I'm still hoarding my ribbon, I know if I cut into it, it won't be long before it's all gone. LOL

    Anyway .... love the card, great sketch for the Bella stamp. I may have to buy that so I can case your fabulous card. :D

    PS - That bubble looks fun.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melon Mambo is one of my favourite SU colours. Love this bright fun card and that image is too cute. :)

    That hamster ball thing looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, bright & fun - love it!
    Go Erik - the hamster ball looks like fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so fun and funky:) Love that human hamster ball, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!