Thursday, May 26, 2011

ColourQ and Paper Players Flower Fest

First - a disclaimer - I never look at the cards from the other participants in a challenge until I have completed my card or the challenge closes.  I am not that far removed from the days when I simply CASed cards and didn't have an idea of my own!!  So I figure if I don't see the others cards, my idea will be mine!

So today's story is even worse.

I was playing at my friend's house - the one that I mentioned yesterday who has even more stamping stuff than I do!  She has the new Stampin' Up set Flower Fest.  Frankly, it's not even on my wishlist but I have loved the cards that have used it with white embossing.  So I looked through my favorite challenges and thought it would fit perfectly with The Paper Players sketch.


I then chose the rich colors of colourQ.


Then this morning I got up to read today's blogs and  finish putting the card together - and surprise(!) someone else had done the same thing, with the same sketch - but different colors - and had won a different blog contest.  But...here's the embarassing part, when I checked back - it was one of the design team cards from The Paper Players!  I accidentally CASed one of the sample cards of the challenge!!!

So I bored you with that whole story because I am feeling like I shouldn't even post this accidentally CASed card, but it has ended up being one of my favorite cards that I have done in months and I am darn proud of it!!  Here it is...


Thanks for listening and looking!!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Fest, Stamp Oasis sentiment
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, versamark
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Real Red, So Saffron CS and dsp, Daffodil, Kiwi Kiss
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up White Embossing Powder and border punch, circle and scalloped circle nesties

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I am having major problems with google...can't sign in to my account and can't leave comments, so I'll see if typepad will let me comment. Don't worry about CASEing...there's only so many ways to added paper to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I can see why you cased it, because YOUR card is AWESOME! Fresh & clean---I was worried about those colors at first, but I like them on this card, that's for sure! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week! AND the COlourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think your card is beautiful. Bright, bold and sunny! Sounds like its a case of great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the punched edges on your card. Very eye catching! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CQC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and the the colors are so vibrant. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what they say about great minds...! I love your card and the colors look fantastic with this set. I really like the little sliver of white down the middle just makes the whole thing pop! And the embossed butterfly is perfect! GREAT job! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! The colors on this card are just fabulous! Stunning! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Case or not I think it's fab and love the elegant design and colours. You should be proud!!!! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card is beautiful .... love the colours ... had a little giggle about the case, but your card is just as beautiful, unique and fresh!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading your story, Kim! Case or not, your card is just GORGEOUS!! I love the colors you used and every element just pops off the design.SO pretty, in every way. Sounds like you had a fun time creating with your friend, too. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim - as always your card is fabulous; cased or not. You are also very brave to take on those colors. That is a real challenge there. Not colors I would normally like, but wow, wow , wow does your card ever change my mind. I may have to case your case ..... :D

    I do the opposite .... I look first at other cards, run off and make a card, only to come back and find someone else posted in the meanwhile. :( I guess when its a sketch challenge, the chances become higher that cards will sometimes be the same. Regardless, its still a handmade card and we all know those are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! While I see some similarities, I think the change in colors really makes it into a whole new card! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you played at CQC this week, Kim! I really like the white EP with this set too! Wonderful card:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your card, KIm! cased or not. I too do not look at cards from other entries until I finish mine, but your story is too funny! love the card! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I think it's a gorgeous card! People do stuff like that all the time so don't stress it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did with that set Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, gorgeous colours. Many cards turn out the same or similar when so many are following the same challenges. I think your card looks like your very own!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card Kim! Love the white embossing & the fine white mat on your DSP panel. You have worked the colours beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!