Sunday, April 10, 2011

For a special gentleman

I just came from the 70th birthday party of a very special gentleman.  He retired at 55 and within a few months was diagnosed with cancer.  He has been fighting it ever since.   He has been an inspiration to all of us in his church family - as he is a fantastic husband, father and grandfather, active church volunteer, deep and passionate Christian, and he is endlessly optimistic about what God has in store for him.

His passion is cars - amateur racing and restoring old Porsches, so I had actually picked up these car stamps for his 60th birthday (at which time no one though he would last the year.)  I had to bring it out again for this special occasion:


Nothing fancy on this card - it just wouldn't have fit him.  I combined the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (turned sideways) with the colors from Create Ink's ColorLab .  I was going for masculine, yet cheerful and optimistic and I feel good about the results.



  • Stamps: Close To My Heart Road Trip, Stampin' Up Upsy Daisy (sentiment), Papertrey Star Prints
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade (with a little Real Red on the edges), Espresso
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Espresso CS and dsp
  • Accessories: Star punch, Papertrey banner dies and woodgrain impression plate

7 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely adorable! I'm sure your friend enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely nailed all that you were going for, Kim. This is an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Kim. Great combination of colours & design & just perfect for your friend's special celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not true only the good die young and this proves it! Wow! What an accomplishment and your card is extra special! It's a great male card with a bright message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Kim! A perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Kim! How wonderful that your friend was able to celebrate his 70th birthday; hopefully there are many more in store for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good card. Masculine cards are so difficult and this one is GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!