Friday, November 19, 2010

Holiday Hospitality

Set 246 - Sleigh Bells

Today's SplitCoast Free For All challenge was to create a card for the holiday "hostess with the mostess".

I did use a fine point glue pen to glitter the church, the trees, the bridge, etc.  Then I used chunkier glitter around the tag.  It's always so hard to see the sparkle and shine in my photos.

This challenge came at an appropriate time.  As my coffee was brewing this morning I was looking at an open house invitation from the new director of Sky Ranch Lutheran Camp.  Sky Ranch is a high mountain camp right on the edge of Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado.

Sky Ranch has been very important to my family.  We have camped there as a family many times; my children have gone to confirmation camp; and I recently attended a digital photography workshop.  My husband serves on the board of directors so he is very heavily involved.

The scene on my card is definitely not Sky Ranch as the camp has rugged peaks instead of rolling hills and there aren't any snow-covered stone bridges.  But I hoped to capture the natural look..and the church in the background is very appropriate.

On a total side note...guess what I did at 6:30 last night? (That would be 6:30 on Thursday, not at midnight with the rest of the world).  I saw the new Harry Potter.  Our realtor's firm rented an entire big screen theater as a thank you to their clients.  I was not thrilled with the movie.  I got very tired of Harry and Hermione staring pensively into the forest and I definitely got tired of the strange dream sequences.  If you haven't kept up on Harry Potter, don't go to this one - you will be totally lost as they don't spend any time catching you up on the story.  The best part - walking out afterwards past all the people who had camped out for the midnight showing and ignoring their begging to tell them where this movie ends (it's only Part I of the final installment).  Yes, I definitely have a cruel streak!!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Sleigh Bells, PaperTrey Mixed Messages
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler and a dp scrap
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart snowflake border punch, crystal fine glitter and crystal coarse glitter, Quickutz die for the tag and button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!